From: Pfsszxt on
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:56:20 -0400, Raoul Watson
<WatsonR(a)IntelligenCIA.com> wrote:

>Pfsszxt(a)aol.com wrote:
>> I'm running XP Pro, with all upgrades to date. on an Acer laptop.
>> About once a week or maybe 10 days, after I put the mchine into
>> standby mode and return later, the full sreeen is back and I get
>> a message that SCardSvr is running thus preventing the shutdown.
>> Never, in the several years I've owned the machine, has the card
>> reader been used. What can be causing this
>
>Some malware has been known to camouflage itself in SCardSvr. if you are
>not using a card reader, I suggest just turn off the service (Control
>Panel, Admin Tool, Services) and just right mouse click and select
>"Disable". Check the file size (should be around 93-94K). Compare the
>one in Windows\System32 vs the one in the i386 folder of the service pack.

File size? what file name? Location?

I did the "stop" in admin services, but when I reboot ---services
still say stopped but the driver shows up in task manager as running
????? Where do I now find "Start Uo" programs and "Run Services"
in XP Pro?
From: Raoul Watson on
Pfsszxt(a)aol.com wrote:
> Where do I no find "Start Up" , "Run Services" etc. pre XP they

Like I said before, Control Panel, Admin Tools, Services. Then right
mouse click the service and disable --but you said you did that. If you
have disabled a service and it's still running then it is either started
by another application or it is not what it appears to be. Try renaming
the file to let's say sCardSvr2 this way whichever app is running it,
will not be able to run it. Either that or get a utility like System
MEchanic..
From: Pfsszxt on
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 04:29:21 -0500, Raoul Watson
<WatsonR(a)IntelligenCIA.com> wrote:

>Pfsszxt(a)aol.com wrote:
>> Where do I no find "Start Up" , "Run Services" etc. pre XP they
>
>Like I said before, Control Panel, Admin Tools, Services. Then right
>mouse click the service and disable --but you said you did that. If you
>have disabled a service and it's still running then it is either started
>by another application or it is not what it appears to be. Try renaming
>the file to let's say sCardSvr2 this way whichever app is running it,
>will not be able to run it. Either that or get a utility like System
>MEchanic..
well --- I trash canned two of the four (the ones with size
different from 94KB. Changed nothing.
Also, the four Explorer search finds are named either
SCRDSVR or scrdsvr (all lower case or all upper case)
The one running in task manager is SCrdSv and it doesn't
come up in a search.
Again, where is the file of things that are stared at boot-up.
They were easy to find in eaelier Windows but I haven't found
them in XP
From: Raoul Watson on
Pfsszxt(a)aol.com wrote:
> Also, the four Explorer search finds are named either
?SCRDSVR or scrdsvr (all lower case or all upper case)
>The one running in task manager is SCrdSv and it doesn't
>come up in a search.

Wished you had done your research more carefully the next time before
posting. That was *not* what you posted originally (you stated SCrdSvr)

> Again, where is the file of things that are stared at boot-up.
> They were easy to find in eaelier Windows but I haven't found
> them in XP

There is no such file. Again, the only proper way of stopping or
changing services is through the Service Management Tool (Control Panel,
Administrative Tools, Services). The other way to examine services is to
run "msconfig". You're on your own now..
From: Pfsszxt on
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 05:00:10 -0500, Raoul Watson
<WatsonR(a)IntelligenCIA.com> wrote:

>Pfsszxt(a)aol.com wrote:
>> Also, the four Explorer search finds are named either
>?SCRDSVR or scrdsvr (all lower case or all upper case)
>>The one running in task manager is SCrdSv and it doesn't
>>come up in a search.
>
>Wished you had done your research more carefully the next time before
>posting. That was *not* what you posted originally (you stated SCrdSvr)
>
>> Again, where is the file of things that are stared at boot-up.
>> They were easy to find in eaelier Windows but I haven't found
>> them in XP
>
>There is no such file. Again, the only proper way of stopping or
>changing services is through the Service Management Tool (Control Panel,
>Administrative Tools, Services). The other way to examine services is to
>run "msconfig". You're on your own now..
Gee thanks.

I still have no idea what was going on --- but--
I trash canned all 4 copies of scardsvr and task manager no loger
shows one at boot up ??????????????
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Ich brauche Spam