From: Remco on
Hi,

I have an PDA with Windows Mobile 6.1 professional edition. This pda has an
SD slot which can also work as an SDIO interface. Currently the windows
mobile 6.1 version only supports sd cards. I also want to use the SDIO
interface functionality. To do this I need an SDIO client driver that can
communicate with the underlaying SD Bus driver which ships with wm6.1.

I've been searching the internet for clues on how to build a client driver
like this and so far I haven't found any usefull information of how to build
this client driver. According to the microsoft site --"Windows CE 5.0 adds a
software stack that enables SDIO sockets. The stack's SDBus driver loads host
controller drivers below and exposes a standard API above that all SDIO
client manufacturers can use to write device drivers for all Windows CE-based
platforms"--. When I search on MSDN for this api there are no hits regarding
any API for a client driver.

I've searched my PDA for any usefull dlls and found out that a driver called
sdbus.dll is loaded. This driver is presumably driving the sd bus itself so I
should expect that this is the "API" that microsoft is talking about? However
there is nothing to be found about the functions inside the sdbus.dll file.

My question is how can I write a client driver for the SDIO interface, are
there standard API's I could use to speak to the SD interface or is there
another way?

I hope somebody can help me.

Kind regards,

Remco

PS i'm not using platform builder to buildin drivers into the OS, just
visual studio with windows mobile 6.1 SDK and wince 5.0 SDK.
From: Karthikeyan on
Hi,
SDCard drivers are normally written by the OEM's and they would be
providing the API to access the SDcard functions.
These functions allow the application to check if SD card inserted /
removed etc.. So check the SDK from the OEM.

WM 6.1 is secured and allows to load only signed DLL (OEM set the
security features). so just check with OEM.

Rgds,
Karthik

From: Remco on
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked with the OEM of the pocket pc and they
told me that I had to write my own driver if I want to get the sdio
functionality. They only provided the basic SD card functionality which is
provided in windows mobile 6.1. I am my own OEM regarding the SDIO device I
want to use for windows mobile 6.1. Is there a way I can use the already
available SD card driver and turn it into a driver which supports SDIO
functionality?