From: joreg on
Hi everybody,

I have a device with windows mobile 6.0, I want to launch internet explorer
automatically when the device power up
does anyone know how to do that?

many thanks in advance for your help.

From: r_z_aret on
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 20:40:56 GMT, "joreg" <u58625(a)uwe> wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I have a device with windows mobile 6.0, I want to launch internet explorer
>automatically when the device power up
>does anyone know how to do that?

I'm pretty sure you can use the CeRunAppAtEvent function with
NOTIFICATION_EVENT_WAKEUP to detect when the user presses the "on"
button to turn the device "on". But I have never done it.

If you really want to launch IE after a full boot, then you can put a
shortcut in \Windows\Startup.

>many thanks in advance for your help.

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: joreg on
Hi robert,

I'm newbie doing this.
Could you give me an idea. how can i do that? and what I need to use to
develop? please =)

From: r_z_aret on
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:59:52 GMT, "joreg" <u58625(a)uwe> wrote:

>Hi robert,
>
>I'm newbie doing this.
>Could you give me an idea. how can i do that? and what I need to use to
>develop? please =)

You asked the question in a group for developers, so I assumed you
would know how to use a Windows 32 function. If you need help starting
with Pocket PC programming, I suggest starting a new thread that asks
for that help explicitly. And you should provide some information
about yourself:
how much experience you have as a programmer
how much experience you have with Windows programming
preference for .NET or native
budget
You should also note that Microsoft is rather drastically changing the
development environment starting with Windows Phone Series 7.

If you want a solution that doesn't involve writing your own program,
I suggest asking in microsoft.public.pocketpc

>many thanks in advance for your help.
>

>r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com wrote:
>>>Hi everybody,
>>>
>>>I have a device with windows mobile 6.0, I want to launch internet explorer
>>>automatically when the device power up
>>>does anyone know how to do that?
>>
>>I'm pretty sure you can use the CeRunAppAtEvent function with
>>NOTIFICATION_EVENT_WAKEUP to detect when the user presses the "on"
>>button to turn the device "on". But I have never done it.
>>
>>If you really want to launch IE after a full boot, then you can put a
>>shortcut in \Windows\Startup.
>>
>>>many thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>>-----------------------------------------
>>To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).
>>
>>Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
>>PenFact, Inc.
>>20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
>>Boston, MA 02116