From: fitzjarrell on
On Nov 29, 7:51 am, noumian <n.nou...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> i did
> sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
> startup
> but i had an error :
> ORA-00824: cannot set sga_target due to exixting internal settings,
> see alert log for more information
>
> in my alert log :
>
> Thu Nov 29 12:59:13 2007
> Memory Notification: Library Cache Object loaded into SGA
> Heap size 2154K exceeds notification threshold (2048K)
> Details in trace file c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\admin\sim\bdump
> \sim_s001_3888.trc
> KGL object name :XDB.XDbD/PLZ01TcHgNAgAIIegtw==
>
> Thu Nov 29 12:59:14 2007
> Memory Notification: Library Cache Object loaded into SGA
> Heap size 2201K exceeds notification threshold (2048K)
> Details in trace file c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\admin\sim\bdump
> \sim_s001_3888.trc
> KGL object name :XDB.XDZynXpO5DTv2jNMI2jLTZZA==
>
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:01 2007
> Starting background process EMN0
> EMN0 started with pid=118, OS id=3536
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:02 2007
> Shutting down instance: further logons disabled
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:02 2007
> Stopping background process CJQ0
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:02 2007
> Stopping background process QMNC
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:04 2007
> Stopping background process MMNL
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:05 2007
> Stopping background process MMON
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:06 2007
> Shutting down instance (immediate)
> License high water mark = 14
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:06 2007
> Stopping Job queue slave processes
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:06 2007
> Job queue slave processes stopped
> The value of parameter db_block_buffers is below
> the required minimum
> The new value is ((4MB * the number of cpus)/db_block_size)
> Cannot set sga_target with db_block_buffers set
> Thu Nov 29 15:52:12 2007
> Waiting for dispatcher 'D000' to shutdown
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:13 2007
> All dispatchers and shared servers shutdown
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:14 2007
> ALTER DATABASE CLOSE NORMAL
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:14 2007
> SMON: disabling tx recovery
> SMON: disabling cache recovery
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:15 2007
> Shutting down archive processes
> Archiving is disabled
> Archive process shutdown avoided: 0 active
> Thread 1 closed at log sequence 7
> Successful close of redo thread 1
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:15 2007
> Completed: ALTER DATABASE CLOSE NORMAL
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:15 2007
> ALTER DATABASE DISMOUNT
> Completed: ALTER DATABASE DISMOUNT
> ARCH: Archival disabled due to shutdown: 1089
> Shutting down archive processes
> Archiving is disabled
> Archive process shutdown avoided: 0 active
> ARCH: Archival disabled due to shutdown: 1089
> Shutting down archive processes
> Archiving is disabled
> Archive process shutdown avoided: 0 active

Which release of Windows are you using? If this is XP Home I'm not
surprised at this, as Oracle hasn't certified any RDBMS server
software for XP Home.

If you REALLY want an answer to your question then you'll need to
provide:

-- Windows version
-- Oracle release (all four numbers)
-- Installed RAM on your system

It would also be nice to see your init.ora file.

David Fitzjarrell
From: noumian on
-- Windows version = windows server 2003 version 5. R2
-- Oracle release (all four numbers) = Oracle 10.2.0.1.0
-- Installed RAM on your system = i have installed it 2 days ago, i
never use rman yet
From: fitzjarrell on
On Nov 29, 8:20 am, noumian <n.nou...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> -- Windows version = windows server 2003 version 5. R2
> -- Oracle release (all four numbers) = Oracle 10.2.0.1.0
> -- Installed RAM on your system = i have installed it 2 days ago, i
> never use rman yet

HOW MUCH RAM is installed on your system????

David Fitzjarrell
From: noumian on
i think that my problem is here
Cannot set sga_target with db_block_buffers set
so where and which value can i set to db_block_buffers ?
From: Charles Hooper on
On Nov 29, 9:20 am, noumian <n.nou...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> -- Windows version = windows server 2003 version 5. R2
> -- Oracle release (all four numbers) = Oracle 10.2.0.1.0
> -- Installed RAM on your system = i have installed it 2 days ago, i
> never use rman yet

How much memory is in the server? Is the server running the 64 bit
version of Windows 2003?

Are you starting the server with a pfile (initSID.ora) or a spfile?
Post the contents of the spfile if that is what is being used to start
the database, or the contents of the pfile if that is being used to
start the database.

Charles Hooper
IT Mananger/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc.