From: noumian on
maybe i had an error in my spfile
i have started my database using the pfile as
startup pfile=c:/init_lanit.ora
now, can someone can give tips or hints about the configuration of
this file
or an example of the file already optimized
thank you
From: Charles Hooper on
On Nov 30, 3:22 am, noumian <n.nou...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> here is my init.ora.10272007144620
> db_block_size=8192
> db_file_multiblock_read_count=16
> open_cursors=300
> db_domain=lanit
> db_name=sim
> background_dump_dest=C:\oracle\product\10.2.0/admin/sim/bdump
> core_dump_dest=C:\oracle\product\10.2.0/admin/sim/cdump
> user_dump_dest=C:\oracle\product\10.2.0/admin/sim/udump
> control_files=("C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\sim\control01.ctl",
> "C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\sim\control02.ctl", "C:\oracle
> \product\10.2.0\oradata\sim\control03.ctl")
> db_recovery_file_dest=C:\oracle\product\10.2.0/flash_recovery_area
> db_recovery_file_dest_size=2147483648
> job_queue_processes=10
> compatible=10.2.0.1.0
> nls_language="RUSSIAN"
> nls_territory="RUSSIA"
> processes=150
> sga_target=219152384
> audit_file_dest=C:\oracle\product\10.2.0/admin/sim/adump
> audit_trail=DB
> remote_login_passwordfile=EXCLUSIVE
> dispatchers="(protocol=TCP)"
> shared_servers=100
> pga_aggregate_target=72351744
> undo_management=AUTO
> undo_tablespace=UNDOTBS1
>
> i dont know if iam starting witg pfile or spfile
> how to choose it?
> i have done the 'create spfile from pfile'
> where is the location of my spfile?
>
> am still trying to start and i am still having :
> ORA-00824: cannot set sga_target due to exixting internal settings,
> see alert log for more information

If the SPFILE exists, and is in the correct location, Oracle will
attempt to start using the SPFILE. If the SPFILE is not found, Oracle
will attempt to start using the PFILE, if it is found in the expected
location. You will likely find that the expected location is C:\oracle
\product\10.2.0\db_1\database on your server. Do not edit the SPFILE
using Notepad or Wordpad, as this will corrupt the file. Ideally, any
time you make a change to the SPFILE, wait a couple days to make
certain that there are no problems, and then make the same change in
the PFILE. If you encounter a problem, just rename the SPFILE and
start the database instance using the PFILE, and then create a new
SPFILE from the PFILE.

Regarding the request for tips or hints, or a pre-optimized PFILE...
there is a reason why Oracle does not ship with a pre-optimized PFILE
- the parameters need to be adjusted in response to performance
problems identified with _your_ specific database and access
patterns. The Oracle 10g Performance Tuning Guide (free - in the
Oracle documentation set) describes various hints and tips for the
parameters. One person's silver bullet performance tip is another
person's bullet to the head - change the parameters in response to
performance problems identified with your specific database and access
patterns.

Charles Hooper
IT Mananger/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc.