From: David Murray on
I just downloaded the App yesterday and I think it is a pretty good
deal for $0.99. It allows you to immediately access and download any
SID file from the high-voltage SID collection and store it on the
device. I listened to all my old favorites. However, I do have some
complaints with it..

1) it doesn't allow you to fast forward or rewind within a specific
song.
2) It would be nice to have some type of visual representation of what
is going on with the song. (At least the MOD player gives an
oscilloscope)
3) It doesn't seem to allow you to delete individual songs that you've
downloaded, unless you want to delete them all. For example, I was
looking for a particular version of Axel F but there were like 20 of
them (and I never found the one I wanted) and I can't get rid of them.

Anyone else tried this app?
From: iAN CooG on
David Murray <adric22(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1) it doesn't allow you to fast forward or rewind within a specific
> song.

Rewind isn't possible with sid files, they're just C64 programs, you know,
not mp3/wav/mod. You can just force them to reinit (restart).
Fast forward it's possible only if the CPU permits to call more times the
play routine, and should be doable at least for 2x and 4x speed on any
modern CPU.

--
-=[]=--- iAN CooG/HVSC & C64Intros ---=[]=-

From: David Murray on

> Rewind isn't possible with sid files, they're just C64 programs, you know,
> not mp3/wav/mod. You can just force them to reinit (restart).

Oh.. You are right. I should have realized that.
From: Joe Cassara on
On Mar 22, 2:47 pm, David Murray <adri...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just downloaded the App yesterday and I think it is a pretty good
> deal for $0.99.   It allows you to immediately access and download any
> SID file from the high-voltage SID collection and store it on the
> device.  I listened to all my old favorites.  However, I do have some
> complaints with it..
>
> 1) it doesn't allow you to fast forward or rewind within a specific
> song.
> 2) It would be nice to have some type of visual representation of what
> is going on with the song. (At least the MOD player gives an
> oscilloscope)
> 3) It doesn't seem to allow you to delete individual songs that you've
> downloaded, unless you want to delete them all.  For example, I was
> looking for a particular version of Axel F but there were like 20 of
> them (and I never found the one I wanted) and I can't get rid of them.
>
> Anyone else tried this app?

How about a link/app name?
From: David Murray on
On Mar 22, 11:41 pm, Joe Cassara <joe.j.cass...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 22, 2:47 pm, David Murray <adri...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I just downloaded the App yesterday and I think it is a pretty good
> > deal for $0.99.   It allows you to immediately access and download any
> > SID file from the high-voltage SID collection and store it on the
> > device.  I listened to all my old favorites.  However, I do have some
> > complaints with it..
>
> > 1) it doesn't allow you to fast forward or rewind within a specific
> > song.
> > 2) It would be nice to have some type of visual representation of what
> > is going on with the song. (At least the MOD player gives an
> > oscilloscope)
> > 3) It doesn't seem to allow you to delete individual songs that you've
> > downloaded, unless you want to delete them all.  For example, I was
> > looking for a particular version of Axel F but there were like 20 of
> > them (and I never found the one I wanted) and I can't get rid of them.
>
> > Anyone else tried this app?
>
> How about a link/app name?

I don't have a link, but if you just search for "SID PLAYER" in the
App store, it is the only one.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Max RS-232 speed