From: lakepeir on
I have developed an input method. My understanding of how the sip
operates is that you press a button on the sip's bitmap. The input
panel sends coordinates ot the input method. The input method uses
those coordinates to determine what button was pressed. Is there any
way to send coordinate information to the input method? Fake the
input method into believing a button was pressed by sending the
coordinates of a button on the bitmap to the input method to be
displayed in the edit control?

Thanks.
From: Scott Seligman on
"lakepeir(a)yahoo.com" <lakepeir(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have developed an input method. My understanding of how the sip
>operates is that you press a button on the sip's bitmap. The input
>panel sends coordinates ot the input method. The input method uses
>those coordinates to determine what button was pressed. Is there any
>way to send coordinate information to the input method? Fake the input
>method into believing a button was pressed by sending the coordinates
>of a button on the bitmap to the input method to be displayed in the
>edit control?

At it's core, the SIP is a window like any other. You respond to mouse
events and tell the IM manager to send keystrokes whenever you see
fit (when the user taps in a specific area, when they draw a specific
symbol, or whatever else you can imagine).

If you want want to simulate this user action, you'll need to simulate
the mouse messages using something like the mouse_event() API.

--
--------- Scott Seligman <scott at <firstname> and michelle dot net> ---------
When the gods choose to punish us, they merely answer our prayers.