From: Gerry on
I think you can turn off SMART in the BIOS. You will most likely need to
re-enable it in the BIOS when you install a new drive.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute

From: Grand_Poobah on
I have seen two places to turn it off: 1) in the BIOS, as you say
Gerry, and, 2) using the manufacturer's utility that sometimes comes
with the drive. Western Digital and Maxtor come to mind. Both have
SMART capability.

GP

--->