From: David Combs on
subj: SO COOL! Can convert my SUN-partner to ORACLE-partner. Yeah, so cool. Only $2500 (and up)

God, that is just so great! Geez, I was really worried about this Oracle guy,
that all he wanted was to milk Sun, then discard it when it was empty.

Well, not so, guys! He's even letting us convert our Sun Partner membership
(I forget what it cost, but it MUST have been WAY more than Oracle's charging,
right?).

Well, we can rest easy, he's going to keep Sun going, and for sure is
going to treat all of us Sun Partners "right" -- surely with 40% off
on the first 5 machines, things like that. SURELY!

So, at that insanely low price -- starting at only $2,500, for what,
"Clay" level, maybe, and going up and up and up for "Platinum"
service. What a deal!

(Just noticed this from-oracle email (may 2010?) tonight, when
trying to weed my email-garden.)

I'm sure you all will also agree that we really lucked out!

David

From: Cydrome Leader on
David Combs <dkcombs(a)panix.com> wrote:
> subj: SO COOL! Can convert my SUN-partner to ORACLE-partner. Yeah, so cool. Only $2500 (and up)
>
> God, that is just so great! Geez, I was really worried about this Oracle guy,
> that all he wanted was to milk Sun, then discard it when it was empty.
>
> Well, not so, guys! He's even letting us convert our Sun Partner membership
> (I forget what it cost, but it MUST have been WAY more than Oracle's charging,
> right?).
>
> Well, we can rest easy, he's going to keep Sun going, and for sure is
> going to treat all of us Sun Partners "right" -- surely with 40% off
> on the first 5 machines, things like that. SURELY!
>
> So, at that insanely low price -- starting at only $2,500, for what,
> "Clay" level, maybe, and going up and up and up for "Platinum"
> service. What a deal!

ha, clay level.

I've not had to call sun for too much lately, but the existing hardware
contacts are being handled the same. Nothing has hit the shitter yet,
which I guess is a good thing.

Has anybody figure out what the iris or ibis website is even for?