From: Nick Friend on
I'm trying to get to grips with using a web-service from VO. I've got
a test service mounted and ready to use on our server, but I'm
tripping over at the first hurdle in VO itself.

I've installed the MS Soap 3 toolkit, but when I call

oSoap := OLEAutoObject{"MSSOAP.SoapClient"}
IF oSoap:fInit

it's failing. Presumably the soap client is not functioning correctly.
This is on Vista Home Premium.

How can I check whether the soap client is functioning properly?

TIA

Nick
From: Ginny Caughey on
Nick,

My paper covers consuming a web service from a VO app:
http://www.elbe-data.se/sv/vografx/visualobjectsandcsharp.pdf

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

From: Jamal on
Nick,

Try:

OleAutoObject{ "MSSOAP.SoapClient30" }

Jamal

From: Nick Friend on
Thanks Jamal, that was it.

I could have sworn I'd already tried that.... what comes of trying to
do things too late in the evening :-O

Nick

From: richard.townsendrose on
Nick,

what are you actually trying to do - in terms of prpcess etc etc ?

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOAP

richard