From: Jack on
Hi All,

My question is simple. I want to display the content of one dbserver
on two bBrowsers, each with another filtersetting.
I can't get this right.

My app. opens a very simple dbserver with 2 character fields like :
fieldA, C, 1 and fieldB,C, 256.

After succesfully opening the dbserver it is send to a dialogwindow
via the init like :
LOCAL odlg AS Dlg_Mtp_Xtra
LOCAL oserver AS mtp_xtra

oserver:=MTP_XTRA{, DBSHARED}

IF oserver:Used
odlg:=Dlg_Mtp_Xtra{SELF, oserver}
odlg:show()
ENDIF

In the dialogwindow I defined 2 new dbservers of the same type as
oserver; oserverA and oserverB and "connected" these (in the postinit)
to the dbserver like :

SELF:oserverA:=uExtra
SELF:oserverA:SetFilter(, '"_field->FIELDA="A"')
SELF:oserverB:=PClone(uExtra)
SELF:oserverB:SetFilter(, '"_field->FIELDB="B"')

On the dialogwindow I placed 2 bBrowsers; BB_A and BB_B and
"connected" oserverA to BB_A and oserverB to BB_B.

The problem is that both browsers show the same data.

TIA,

Jack
From: richard.townsendrose on
Jack

pclone only means making a duplicate of something, so it will i guess
be connected by the same handle.

i guess that SetFilter(, '"_field->FIELDB="B"') applies to both...

just instantiate and pass two servers ...

richard

From: Jack Konings on
Hi Richard,

You are right. I've instantiated the same server twice and passed them both.
Now it works.

Thanks,

Jack

"richard.townsendrose" <richard.townsendrose(a)googlemail.com> wrote in
message