From: MoonChild on
Finally I got my scanner working, i post how to
i did in order to help if someone needs.

The first thing to do is it complie and install
the iscan package (from source, gentoo package,
etc.).

Then download this file from
http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/
(under scanner driver. etc...)

iscan-plugin-gt-f700-2.1.0-3.c2.x86_64.rpm

(it exists the related 32 bit version too, not
tested)

use alien and convert it to tgz

unpack it

move all libesint68.so files under /usr/lib/esci
move esfw68.bin under /usr/share/esci

do the following command (exactly as I write
without add any extension to libraries)

iscan-registry --add interpreter usb 0x04b8 0x012f /usr/lib/esci/
libesint68 /usr/share/esci/esfw68.bin

DO NOT change /etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf, DO NOT ADD the
"usb 0x04b8 0x012f" at all

For me this procedure worked fine.
Sorry for the english.
--
MoonChild
Togliere nospam per l' esatta e-mail
From: notbob on
On 2009-12-22, MoonChild <moonchild_it(a)nospam.yahoo.com> wrote:
> Finally I got my scanner working, i post how to
> i did in order to help if someone needs.
>
> The first thing to do is it complie and install
> the iscan package (from source, gentoo package,
> etc.).

I think this is key. I'm no guru, but doesn't compiling a package
against the kernel and libs which exist in your distro make a big
difference. I use slackware and compiled the proper iscan package and
also had no probs with the iscan binaries, though slack uses snapscan.

Q for slackers: Is this a correct assumption? Is this why the iscan
software package does not exist as a slack pkg and must be compiled?

nb