From: jameshanley39 on
A msgbox comes up , when trying to run an executable, after installing
an app, and the msgbox says
"
Error code 14001 - this application failed to start because the
application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application
may fix the problem
"

Reinstalling doesn't help.
I didn't bother to look in the registry to remove things, that would
have been a last resort.
The app had been installed in teh past and windows xp removed and
reinstalled (I guess when doing that it keeps the "program files"
directory then, (and I think documents and settings - just adding
whatever profiles to it). Obviously the windows directly had been
replaced..
But none of that was the cause. People have had this error without
that.

The solution, was
to do with the software using " MS Visual C++ Library " and there
being some clash between it and the MS Visual C++ already
installed.

This may then have affected that software, and systems with the .net
framework installed (I had to install the .net framework to get msklc
to work, msklc is good program, useful to some). Maybe the .net
framework uses MS Visual C++

The solution one person posted was to clean/uninstall the Microsoft
Visual C++ redistributable.
I didn't look for it.. But I saw another solution that said Install it

SIMPLE SOLUTION!
"
Try installing this
http://www.softdevlabs.com/Hercules/vcredist_x86.exe

"

It worked.

note- I guess MS Visual C++ redistributable is a bit like VB Runtime
files, or java runtime environment. It is a core of the language, to
allow programs to run. Programmers/Developers using that language
would have a more complete thing with tools to compile the language
and more. But users just need certain core files.

I got the error trying to install regex coach A great program for one
who is not familiar with regex, or learning it. And wants to just get
a regex sorted out as a one-off. Or wants to figure out how regex
works in detail. Just a great tool. The linux grep command (which
can be run in windows with cygwin) can use regex, and so I think can
ms word.

From: steveyzhang on
It's great. The issue have been resolved by this method. Thank you
very much.
From: jameshanley39 on
On Aug 18, 11:28 am, steveyzh...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> It's great. The issue have been resolved by this method. Thank you
> very much.

pleased to hear it