From: mcp6453 on
I just installed SP2 and have a problem. When I try to start Security
Center, I get the following error message:

An exception occurred while trying to run "Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL
wscui.cpl"

I've tried Start | Run | wscui.cpl, and that does not work, either. The
Security Center icon shows up in Control Panel, but I cannot run it. It
did run once.

Does anyone know how I can solve the problem? A Google search on web
pages or on newsgroups did not result in a single hit.
From: Kelly on
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wscui.cpl&btnG=Google+Search

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

From: mcp6453 on
Kelly wrote:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wscui.cpl&btnG=Google+Search

Kelly:

You're my hero, but I don't understand the link. I already did a Google
search like this one, but I cannot find a reference to the problem. I
cannot do Start Run wscui.cpl, like the posts in the search. Did I miss
something?

Thanks,
mcp6453
From: Colin Barnhorst on
It was the first link on the page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357

From: mcp6453 on
Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> It was the first link on the page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357

I reviewed it in detail. I cannot locate anything on the page that
suggests how I go about troubleshooting the problem of wsciu.cpl not
starting. Based on my limited understanding, I went through all of the
troubleshooting steps (netsh, etc.) but I saw nothing out of whack. The
services are listed as running.