From: Anton on
I have downloaded SP2 and saved it in part. K where my OS Xp are. Part C.
have limited space. If I open SP2 in K, will it take space in C?

From: Rich Barry on
Anton, it won't install if you don't have enough space. If your system
partition is K then that's all SP2 is interested in. So, I think
no space will be used in C:

From: Anton on
After downloading, there was a copy in C I erased

From: philo on
Anton wrote:
> I have downloaded SP2 and saved it in part. K where my OS Xp are. Part C.
> have limited space. If I open SP2 in K, will it take space in C?

If you have XP installed on your K: drive

than that's exactly where sp2 will be applied

it will not put files into another partition
From: smlunatick on
On Dec 4, 2:18 am, "Anton" <nospam...(a)n.ton> wrote:
> I have downloaded SP2 and saved it in part. K where my OS Xp are. Part C.
> have limited space. If I open SP2 in K, will it take space in C?

Downloading SP2 will just save the "install" file. Once the download
completes, you still must click on the SP2 file to "install" it. Just
by downloading and saving the SP2 file does not mean you have
installed it.

And saving the SP2 file to C: will use space on the drive. You can
always burn this to CD / DVD or move it to someplace else.