From: Linus on
I recently downloaded SP 3 in the form of something called a "ISO Disk."
Seemed like a good way to preserve the updates it in case of a crash, but my
free Frog will not unzip the folder.

I don't know any thing about ISO disks but hate to buy WinRar just for this
file. If any one knows of free ware that will work with ISO disks, please let
me know --

Linusverl
From: Elmo on
Linus wrote:
> I recently downloaded SP 3 in the form of something called an "ISO Disk."
> Seemed like a good way to preserve the updates in case of a crash, but my
> free Frog will not unzip the folder.
>
> I don't know anything about ISO disks but hate to buy WinRar just for this
> file. If anyone knows of freeware that will work with ISO disks, please let
> me know --
>
> Linusverl

Here's one that I use, though there are probably a few: IsoBuster
http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php

--

Joe =o)
From: Peter on
Linus wrote:
> I recently downloaded SP 3 in the form of something called a "ISO Disk."
> Seemed like a good way to preserve the updates it in case of a crash, but my
> free Frog will not unzip the folder.
>
> I don't know any thing about ISO disks but hate to buy WinRar just for this
> file. If any one knows of free ware that will work with ISO disks, please let
> me know --
>
> Linusverl

It's not something you open or unzip. You burn it to a CD.

--
Peter
From: SC Tom on

"Linus" <Linusverl(a)mspamn.com> wrote in message
>I recently downloaded SP 3 in the form of something called a "ISO Disk."
> Seemed like a good way to preserve the updates it in case of a crash, but
> my
> free Frog will not unzip the folder.
>
> I don't know any thing about ISO disks but hate to buy WinRar just for
> this
> file. If any one knows of free ware that will work with ISO disks, please
> let
> me know --
>
> Linusverl

The one that I use to create the CD from an ISO is ImgBurn
(http://www.imgburn.com/). It's free, and has been very useful for me.
--
SC Tom

From: Daave on
Linus wrote:
> I recently downloaded SP 3 in the form of something called a "ISO
> Disk." Seemed like a good way to preserve the updates it in case of a
> crash, but my free Frog will not unzip the folder.
>
> I don't know any thing about ISO disks but hate to buy WinRar just
> for this file. If any one knows of free ware that will work with ISO
> disks, please let me know --

You could mount the .iso as a drive and access the files on it that way.

But the purpose of an .iso file is to burn a CD with it, so you are
advised to do that. You need an appropriate program like IMGBurn:

http://www.imgburn.com/

It's possible you already have software that can do this. If you already
have a CD-burning program, tell us what it is and we could probably help
you figure out how to perform the function you need. (Note: Burning a CD
*from* an .iso file is _not_ the same thing as copying the .iso file to
a CD!)

More info:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/burnisofile.htm