Prev: error
Next: Missing files
From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-05-31 2:34 p.m., Shenan Stanley wrote:

>> Thanx for your prompt response. I guess that after I install
>> SP3, going to the Windows Update site, I will be reinstalling
>> several hundred updates that I originally installed after April
>> 2008 (the date of the SP3 release). Is that correct?
>
> no

To expand on that a little, for some years now Windows XP updates have included
technology that allows them to be automatically retained or reapplied (as
necessary) when a service pack is being installed. There may be a few updates
that only apply to SP3 and not SP2, so be sure to check Windows Update anyway,
but there shouldn't be a huge number.

Harry.

--
Harry Johnston