From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
If Windows Live Mail (vs. Windows Mail) is configured as your default
Newsreader, the following link should open in Windows Live Mail:
nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

You will find support for Windows Live Mail in this public newsgroup (at
least for now):
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

• Via your newsreader (i.e., Windows Live Mail):

And in Windows Live Mail Support Forums (new 08 March 2010)
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?forumid=b91657c9-9031-4406-a398-7d0783119bb7