From: Erland Sommarskog on
RG (nobody(a)nowhere.com) writes:
> What would the downside in using sqlclr?

One more of type of object to manage. Using the CLR in the wrong place
invites to misuse. Gert-Jan makes the very good point that the DBA
may not know it well. Deploying CLR code takes a few more steps. If
you access tables direct from the CLR code, ownership-chaining does
not apply, and thus users needs direct permissions on the tables.

Correctly used, the CLR can be a good addition in your toolbelt, so it
is definitely a good idea to learn to master it.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: Uri Dimant on
RG
Incorrectly using CLR might lead your memory hit performance. Permissins as
Erland has alredy pointed out. I would say also deploying CLR for whom that
has limited experience is not an easy task