From: mario on
Is there an SQL code or command in MS Access that allows me to export query
results into an table. I'm not worried about the redundancy part as it's a
small table. The problem is, I am not able to update a table using data from
a querry that has joins with other table.

Thanks
From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:20:01 -0700, mario <mario(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is there an SQL code or command in MS Access that allows me to export query
>results into an table. I'm not worried about the redundancy part as it's a
>small table. The problem is, I am not able to update a table using data from
>a querry that has joins with other table.
>
>Thanks

Sure; an Append query:

INSERT INTO targettable(field, field, field)
SELECT field, field, field FROM <wherever>

By using appropreate joins and indexes you can prevent adding duplicates.

Update queries involving joins CAN work - not all queries are updateable, but
most are. What specific query is failing to update for you? Could you post the
SQL view? It may be fixable.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
mario wrote:
>Is there an SQL code or command in MS Access that allows me to export query
>results into an table. I'm not worried about the redundancy part as it's a
>small table. The problem is, I am not able to update a table using data from
>a querry that has joins with other table.
>
>Thanks
If the table you want to append to already exists, just turn the select query
into an append query and run it.