From: Jeremy on
Hi, real simple question and one I suspect the answer to which is "no".

Can you create sqlplus scripts with "conditions" such that if for
example a SQL statement returns a particular value or error condition
then path A or path B is followed?

--
jeremy

From: Michel Cadot on

"Jeremy" <jeremy0505(a)gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: MPG.25bc17bc8c44da459897ca(a)News.Individual.NET...
| Hi, real simple question and one I suspect the answer to which is "no".
|
| Can you create sqlplus scripts with "conditions" such that if for
| example a SQL statement returns a particular value or error condition
| then path A or path B is followed?
|
| --
| jeremy

Yes but not so simply that a "if then else".

Regards
Michel

From: Gerard H. Pille on
Jeremy schreef:
> Hi, real simple question and one I suspect the answer to which is "no".
>
> Can you create sqlplus scripts with "conditions" such that if for
> example a SQL statement returns a particular value or error condition
> then path A or path B is followed?

I start sqlplus from a ksh script as a job, send queries to it and read
the answers. ksh, which is also a full programming language, takes the
decisions about how to continue.
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:37:24 +0000, Jeremy wrote:

> Can you create sqlplus scripts with "conditions" such that if for
> example a SQL statement returns a particular value or error condition
> then path A or path B is followed?

Yes. It's called PL/SQL and is available as of the version 6.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com
From: Jeremy on
In article <hit6ej$phc$4(a)solani.org>, gogala.mladen(a)gmail.com says...>
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:37:24 +0000, Jeremy wrote:
>

> > Can you create sqlplus scripts with "conditions" such that if for
> > example a SQL statement returns a particular value or error condition
> > then path A or path B is followed?
>
> Yes. It's called PL/SQL and is available as of the version 6.

Is that intended to be serious answer?

--
jeremy