From: hitesh on
hi all,
i tried to send the command IOCTL_SCSI_MINIPORT in scsi device and it
is working fine.
but i am facing error with storport miniport driver.

in scsi miniport driver i am taking handle with \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE# and
it works but i found from web that it doesnt work with storport
miniport driver.
as we have to get the handle with \\.\SCSI#.

is it the only way to get the handle in storport?

is it possible to create handle with the disk number of the driver
letter like \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE# or \\.\D: and send IOCTL_SCSI_MINIPORT
call to miniport driver?

please help me,
thanks,
Hitesh
From: hitesh on
On Aug 16, 3:55 pm, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
> i tried to send the command IOCTL_SCSI_MINIPORT in scsi device and it
> is working fine.
> but i am facing error with storport miniport driver.
>
> in scsi miniport driver i am taking handle with \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE# and
> it works but i found from web that it doesnt work with storport
> miniport driver.
> as we have to get the handle with \\.\SCSI#.
>
> is it the only way to get the handle in storport?
>
> is it possible to create handle with the disk number of the driver
> letter like \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE# or \\.\D: and send IOCTL_SCSI_MINIPORT
> call to miniport driver?
>
> please help me,
> thanks,
> Hitesh