From: MarkusSchaber on
Hi,

I'm currently looking for possibilities to connect to a Server using
SSL. But it seems that the SslStream class is not available on the
compact framework. This irritates me, as MS claims SSL support
for .NET CF for Sockets, http, SOAP and SQL Server Compact
synchronization: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb738067.aspx?ppud=4#SSLwiththe.NETCompactFramework

What do they mean with "sockets" exactly, and how do I get a simple
ssl-encrypted TCP stream? Do I have to refer to 3rd party libraries?

Thanks,
Markus

From: MarkusSchaber on
Hi,

On 26 Feb., 17:19, MarkusSchaber <m...(a)soloplan.de> wrote:
> I'm currently looking for possibilities to connect to a Server using
> SSL. But it seems that the SslStream class is not available on the
> compact framework. This irritates me, as MS claims SSL support
> for .NET CF for Sockets, http, SOAP and SQL Server Compact
> synchronization:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb738067.aspx?ppud=4#SSLwitht...
>
> What do they mean with "sockets" exactly, and how do I get a simple
> ssl-encrypted TCP stream? Do I have to refer to 3rd party libraries?

After some googling, we found
http://blogs.msdn.com/cgarcia/archive/2009/08/22/getting-a-managed-socket-to-talk-ssl.aspx
and http://blogs.msdn.com/cgarcia/archive/2009/08/21/enable-ssl-for-managed-socket-on-windows-mobile.aspx.

This might do the trick.
From: Jamal Samedov on
The references are right,
I had used them just in recent project, however this is only part of the
story
--

Dr. J.N. Samedov,

Software Manager