From: jason2s via DotNetMonster.com on
hi,
i creating a program to my pda to connect to my sql server 2000.
but i receive all the time a error that the server don´t exist
i have tested in other computers and i can connect so i don´t know if
there is a problem in the code or my pda, there is some free program
for connect for test a sql server?
thanks a lot for your help
:)

From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
Since you are creating this software, my guess is that you have an error in
your code. As to what the error might be, you've not told us anything useful
about the device, other than the fact that it's a "pda", which could mean a
Windows Mobile device, or not, etc. Please take a look at this page:

http://guruce.com/blogpost/howtoaskquestionsonnewsgroups

It talks about how to ask a good question. In this case, we definitely want
the operating system information, but we also need to know what code you're
using to try to connect to the server, what errors occur, etc.

Paul T.

From: jason2s via DotNetMonster.com on
hi,
i using QTEK G100 with WINDOWS MOBILE 5.0
i´m connected to my network using a wilress card
i can ping and see the folders of my server where is installed the sql server
the code that i using is:

Dim connetionString
Dim con As sqlconnection
Dim cmd As sqlcommand

connetionString = "Data Source=ip;Initial Catalog=bd;User
ID=sa;Password=pass"

con = New SqlConnection(connetionString)
con.open()

i receive this error: "sqlexception" that don´t help me nothing at all...

i can run that app in my desktop pc and in other pc´s without error

i have this installed in my pda:

microsoft .net cf 2.0

sqlserver compact 3.5 tools en
sqlserver compact 3.5 core

microsoft sql client 2.0

some time ago i have a program working in pda and connected to my sqlserver
without problems
but i can´t remember if i change any software in my pda...
may be it´s because some software/dll´s installed on pda?
thanks a lot for your help :)

From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
> i using QTEK G100 with WINDOWS MOBILE 5.0
> i´m connected to my network using a wilress card
> i can ping and see the folders of my server where is installed the sql server
> the code that i using is:
>
> Dim connetionString
> Dim con As sqlconnection
> Dim cmd As sqlcommand
>
> connetionString = "Data Source=ip;Initial Catalog=bd;User
> ID=sa;Password=pass"
>
> con = New SqlConnection(connetionString)
> con.open()
>
> i receive this error: "sqlexception" that don´t help me nothing at all...

You're giving up too easily. The exception will have more details inside
it. There's typically an innerException, often with a message, but always
with an error code. Catch it in the debugger and look at it.

Based on where it's failing, though, my first guess is that you don't have
the SQLServer client components on your device or there's something wrong
with them. The .NET Compact Framework has a wrapper for the data access and
you'd get an exception for the creation of the connection component if that
was missing. If the SQL Server client native code DLL is not present, that
would account for what you are seeing. So, if that's the case, check that
you actually have the client software installed, reinstall it, etc.

It's possible that there is a version compatibility issue, also, between
your version of the .NETCF and the SQL Server client.

You also should not need to have SQL Server Compact on your device at all,
since you're not talking to a local database.

Paul T.

From: jason2s via DotNetMonster.com on
hi,
i have removed all software from my pda and install again
i have .net compaq framework 2.0 installed and he display a error a missing
dll "dbnetlib.dll"
them i install this file sql.phone.wce5.armv4i and that error don´t appear
again
but i have the same problem again all the time that i try connect i saw the
same error.
can anyone give me a link of the cab files that is working for
windows mobile 5 and for sql server 2000?

thanks a lot for your help
:)

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2