From: Martin Sachs on
A few days ago I started frequently receiving the following message on most
downloads and uploads from the ATT Yahoo DSL POP server: "SSL Negotation
Failed. Certificate error: unknown and unprovided root certificate. But
ignoring this error because certificate is trusted. cause (-6992) or
(-6994)." Most of the time, the download or upload takes place in spite of
the error message but sometimes it does not take place.

My take on this is that ATT Yahoo DSL's root certificate has probably
expired.

As is not uncommon with anyone's customer support, ATT Yahoo's customer
support people are clueless. So far, all they have done is to send me a list
of the SSL settings to check. There is nothing wrong at my end. I have been
using SSL with ATT Yahoo for around two years after an inital hassle pver
problems at their end tthat was well discussed in this newsgroup. In
addition, I have been using SSL with another web mail service and have had
no problems there in nearly four years.

These problems began shortly after ATT Yahoo started a program to make SSL
mandatory.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with ATT Yahoo DSL? Any ideas?

From: John H Meyers on
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:57:21 -0500, Martin Sachs wrote:

> from the ATT Yahoo DSL POP server: "SSL Negotation Failed.
> Certificate error: unknown and unprovided root certificate."

Click "Last SSL Info" in "Checking Mail" options,
then click "Certificate Information Manager";
expand ATT's "certificate chain."

Upload screen image to a photo host and post a link, if you like
(first convert from BMP to JPG using something like IrfanView)

http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows/print-screen/
http://imageshack.us/
http://www.irfanview.com/

From: John H Meyers on
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:57:21 -0500, Martin Sachs wrote...

To see what he wrote (and all further discussion), visit:
http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?p=39378#post39378
(then keep scrolling and turning pages :)