From: Gerry on
Background information on Stop Error message:

0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or
read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure,
disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.
Source: http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

The return of 0x0000185 on parameter 1 might be a good pointer to the
cause of the problem.

0xC0000185, or STATUS_IO_DEVICE_ERROR, indicates improper termination or
defective cabling on SCSI devices or that two devices are trying to use
the same IRQ.

Resolving a defective hardware problem: If the I/O status is 0xC0000185
and the paging file is on an SCSI disk, check the disk cabling and SCSI
termination for problems.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: woof! on

Not sure how to play this now. The information pages lead to cabling or
termination issues. With it being a laptop I can not check cabling etc but
can only see to check the motherboard 'hard wiring'?? Am i missing a step
here? (please advise if it sounds like it)
The debugging tool I am eager to pursue but do not have any minidump files
to work with it appears so not sure why and have checked the paging settings
under virtual memory and the start up and recovery sectoin under system
information. My interpretation of HD Tune results page is that it confirms
hard drive is ok and by virtue of obtaining a new drive and reinstalling
windows I feel the possibility of a virus is remote (AVG has not detected
anything!)
Open to ideas - thanks!
From: Gerry on
How old the laptop? Is it still under warranty? Do you have a User
Manual?

There's a phone number in this link where you might get advice:
https://secure2.tx.acer.com/FixMyAcer3/FixMyAcer.aspx

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute

From: woof! on

Thanks. I will give them a ring, however the laptop is 22months old and out
of its 12 month warranty.
Worth seeing what they say

thanks for your help
KD