From: Mike H on
> That worked, but can you tell me why?

Of course

1E100 is scientific notation for a very large number it represent 1 followed
by 100 zeroes. Now I guessed that your not dealing with numbers this large so
what it does is force the formula to sum omly numeric values less than this
very large number and the errors; by this criteria, are ignored.
--
Mike

question.

From: Jan Kronsell on
Thank you. I know about scientific notation, but did not know that using
this condition, will make Excel ignore the errors.

Jan

From: Ashish Mathur on
Hi,

Try this

=sumif(A1:A100,">=0")+sumif(A1:A100,"<=0")

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP