From: sparky on
from time to time and more often now i have this error when shutting down or
rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message

svchost.exe error
the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the memory
could not be "written"

can anyone help
tks
From: Jose on
On Jan 3, 11:59 am, sparky <spa...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> from time to time and more often now i have this error when shutting down or
> rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message
>
> svchost.exe error
> the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the memory
> could not be "written"
>
> can anyone help
> tks

One thing that gets looked at during shutdown is a check to see if any
MS updates need to be installed. Sometimes this MS update mechanism
becomes fouled resulting in the svchost message.

When you see the messgae what are the options and what do you choose?
If you don't do anything, does the system eventually shutdown?

Once we get more information and check some basics, we can then figure
out what is causing the problem and fix it.

It looks like the post/link/download from The Real Truth attempts to
do just that.

This additional information will still be helpful if you try that
option and it doesn't work out:

To eliminate questions and guessing, please provide additional
information about your system.

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
delete it from the pasted information.

Perform some scans for malicious software, then fix any remaining
issues:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.
From: Barry Schwarz on
On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 09:33:15 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP" <trt(a)void.com>
wrote:

>Try my Svchosts Fix tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

This is not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/.

--
Remove del for email
From: Peter Foldes on
Jose

>it looks like the post/link/download from The Real Truth attempts to
>do just that.

The above is stolen from others.

The Real Truth A.K.A. P.C. Butts A.K.A. Christopher Butts is nothing more than
a thief and a very sick individual. His site sometimes contains p0rn. Best to stay
away from anything that he posts (especially links)

--
Peter

From: Jose on
On Jan 3, 7:46 pm, "Peter Foldes" <ok...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jose
>
> >it looks like the post/link/download from The Real Truth attempts to
> >do just that.
>
> The above is stolen from others.
>
>  The Real Truth  A.K.A.   P.C. Butts  A.K.A. Christopher Butts is nothing more than
> a thief and a very sick individual. His site sometimes contains p0rn. Best to stay
> away from anything that he posts (especially links)
>
> --
> Peter

Yeah, thanks - I know those stories.... I looked at his solution(s)
and it looks reasonable and harmless. I don't know about all the
stuff though. That site does not scare me. Maybe other people have
had issues with it. Shoulda kept that part of my mouth shut maybe.,

After we get the msinfo32, scan results and other questions answered,
we can fix this right up straight away.