From: polishedball on
I have socketed and swapped every chip on the CPU board with known
good chips. Thats why I am leaning to a clocking perhaps crystal
issue right now. Or that out sourced piggy back board on the cpu that
has the crystals. my handy work http://home.comcast.net/~polishedball/socket.jpg

Every chip that came out of the SX went back into the donor c-64 and
it works fine.

john

From: polishedball on
Fixed it actually turned out to be a CIA chip error on the I/O board.
Thanks everyone.

From: Michael on
On Feb 17, 6:57 pm, polishedball <polishedb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Fixed it actually turned out to be a CIA chip error on the I/O board.
> Thanks everyone.

Good to here. BTW, this is the second one that was found bad in a few
months.

Here is a post in regards to another one that was found:
http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32578&highlight=cia
From: none on

"polishedball" <polishedball(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 17, 10:29 am, bluebirdpod <bluebird...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have you checked your power supply voltages, The SX-64's MSPS has been
>> known to cause all kinds of
>> problems. And does not have much spare capacity, as I know of a SX-64
>> that had an additional drive installed
>> along with its controller board to make a artificial DX-64. Its now
>> located in Bo Zimmers collection and came
>> from Colorado.
>
> Yep 5v 12v and 9vac are all good on meter will scope them tonight for
> ripple.

Sorry John

For pointing you at a lemon.

It looks like it`s been passed from
ebayer<> ebayer!

Well, at least you`ve got the
foremost C64`ers on the planet
under your nose to help.
Just don`t be rude to them,
and be patient for a reply.

From: polishedball on
This was a different unit, bought it actually for just the case as it
was really nice. I had located a working one with a smashed top, bent
handle and was going to combine them into one unit. I then decided to
work on this one out of habit (I can fix that ;)). So thanks everyone
for the lead to a box and your help with this one. It is now
working.