From: My Pet Programmer on
Rainmanjam said:
> On Dec 23, 11:52 pm, RobG <rg...(a)iinet.net.au> wrote:

>>> There is a timing issue with Safari. Safari does not wait until the
>>> page is loaded before running a window.onload. Therefor none of the
>>> information in the VEMapFunctions.js run.
>> The page you referenced says quite specifically that Safari waits for
>> all resources to be loaded before firing onload, so you can't blame
>> that.
>>
>> If you want to test it, use setTimeout to delay the call to your
>> function, then see how short the lag needs to be to get reliable
>> operation, e.g.:
>>
>> window.onload = function() {
>> setTimeout('GetMap();', 0);
>>
>> }

>> A link to a page would be better.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> --
>> Rob
>
> http://njection.com/speedtrap
>
> It works in IE and FF.. Not in Opera.

What about this article?

http://peter.michaux.ca/article/553

I'm using that code, and it's working in my safari on Windows Vista,
maybe it'll work for what you're doing?

~A!
From: My Pet Programmer on
My Pet Programmer said:

> I'm using that code, and it's working in my safari on Windows Vista,
> maybe it'll work for what you're doing?
>
> ~A!

Sorry, I haven't tested on Opera, but it's worth a shot. I misread.
From: Randy Webb on
Rainmanjam said the following on 12/24/2007 3:06 AM:

<snip>

> http://njection.com/speedtrap
>
> It works in IE and FF.. Not in Opera.

How is anybody supposed to be able to help you if you can't even make up
your mind what browser it does or doesn't work in? First it was Safari,
now it is Opera, will it be Ice Weasel next?

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
From: Rainmanjam on
On Dec 24, 12:14 am, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtH...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> Rainmanjam said the following on 12/24/2007 3:06 AM:
>
> <snip>
>
> >http://njection.com/speedtrap
>
> > It works in IE and FF.. Not in Opera.
>
> How is anybody supposed to be able to help you if you can't even make up
> your mind what browser it does or doesn't work in? First it was Safari,
> now it is Opera, will it be Ice Weasel next?
>
> --
> Randy
> Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Sorry.. it is is Safari. MSN live maps do not work with Opera. Sorry
for the confusion
From: Rainmanjam on
On Dec 24, 12:16 am, Rainmanjam <nject...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 24, 12:14 am, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtH...(a)aol.com> wrote:
>

> > Rainmanjam said the following on 12/24/2007 3:06 AM:
>
> > <snip>
>
> > >http://njection.com/speedtrap
>
> > > It works in IE and FF.. Not in Opera.
>
> > How is anybody supposed to be able to help you if you can't even make up
> > your mind what browser it does or doesn't work in? First it was Safari,
> > now it is Opera, will it be Ice Weasel next?
>
> > --
> > Randy
> > Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
> > comp.lang.javascript FAQ -http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html
> > Javascript Best Practices -http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/
>
> Sorry.. it is is Safari. MSN live maps do not work with Opera. Sorry
> for the confusion

I can get the map to appear.. but not run the Javascript to import the
GEORSS information into the map. The javascript is located at
http://njection.com/speedtrap/javascript/VEMapFunctions.js