From: Andy Hewitt on
I think I posted this one a while back, but it's still there after 10.6,
and clearing caches etc. The first one is with eBay, it's since the
format of the pages changed, but when viewing a listing item, I see the
description as usual, but I'm getting a huge amoutn of white space
between that and the footer. I can't see any settings that might have
caused this. Look OK in Firefox.

Another one has crept in since Safari 4 started too, this one is with
Google searches. If I click on one of the sponsored links (yeah, I know,
but they sometimes link to a site I do want) I just get a blank page
with 'aclk 1x1 pixel' in the header.

Any ideas?

--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/>
From: James Jolley on
On 2009-09-14 15:43:44 +0100, thewildrover(a)me.com (Andy Hewitt) said:

> I think I posted this one a while back, but it's still there after 10.6,
> and clearing caches etc. The first one is with eBay, it's since the
> format of the pages changed, but when viewing a listing item, I see the
> description as usual, but I'm getting a huge amoutn of white space
> between that and the footer. I can't see any settings that might have
> caused this. Look OK in Firefox.
>
> Another one has crept in since Safari 4 started too, this one is with
> Google searches. If I click on one of the sponsored links (yeah, I know,
> but they sometimes link to a site I do want) I just get a blank page
> with 'aclk 1x1 pixel' in the header.
>
> Any ideas?

I've noticed the one with Google myself. Vo just says "Empty HTML
content" and nothing more. Can't move or click. The only thing I can do
to get out of this is to Command Left Bracket.

From: Andy Hewitt on
James Jolley <jrjolley(a)me.com> wrote:

> On 2009-09-14 15:43:44 +0100, thewildrover(a)me.com (Andy Hewitt) said:
>
> > I think I posted this one a while back, but it's still there after 10.6,
> > and clearing caches etc. The first one is with eBay, it's since the
> > format of the pages changed, but when viewing a listing item, I see the
> > description as usual, but I'm getting a huge amoutn of white space
> > between that and the footer. I can't see any settings that might have
> > caused this. Look OK in Firefox.
> >
> > Another one has crept in since Safari 4 started too, this one is with
> > Google searches. If I click on one of the sponsored links (yeah, I know,
> > but they sometimes link to a site I do want) I just get a blank page
> > with 'aclk 1x1 pixel' in the header.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> I've noticed the one with Google myself. Vo just says "Empty HTML
> content" and nothing more. Can't move or click. The only thing I can do
> to get out of this is to Command Left Bracket.

I usually open them in a new tab, so can just close them. Copy and paste
on the link works OK though.

Cheers.

From: Chris Ridd on
On 2009-09-14 21:43:29 +0100, James Jolley <jrjolley(a)me.com> said:

> On 2009-09-14 15:43:44 +0100, thewildrover(a)me.com (Andy Hewitt) said:
>
>> I think I posted this one a while back, but it's still there after 10.6,
>> and clearing caches etc. The first one is with eBay, it's since the
>> format of the pages changed, but when viewing a listing item, I see the
>> description as usual, but I'm getting a huge amoutn of white space
>> between that and the footer. I can't see any settings that might have
>> caused this. Look OK in Firefox.

I see that too sometimes on other sites. I can see the content in view
source, but there's something which causes the border stuff (ads,
navigation boxes) to display but not the central stuff.

--
Chris

From: James Jolley on
On 2009-09-15 06:33:45 +0100, Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> said:

> On 2009-09-14 21:43:29 +0100, James Jolley <jrjolley(a)me.com> said:
>
>> On 2009-09-14 15:43:44 +0100, thewildrover(a)me.com (Andy Hewitt) said:
>>
>>> I think I posted this one a while back, but it's still there after 10.6,
>>> and clearing caches etc. The first one is with eBay, it's since the
>>> format of the pages changed, but when viewing a listing item, I see the
>>> description as usual, but I'm getting a huge amoutn of white space
>>> between that and the footer. I can't see any settings that might have
>>> caused this. Look OK in Firefox.
>
> I see that too sometimes on other sites. I can see the content in view
> source, but there's something which causes the border stuff (ads,
> navigation boxes) to display but not the central stuff.

An update on this, because the seed page is still open to us for bugs
for whatever reason, i've done some more testing. It seems that if I
set up VO to display where the cursor is -in other words, show the
rectangle around the area of the screen, it doesn't move into the page
at all. My theory is that Safari hands over the page info to VO too
quickly and confuses it.

Michelles actually confirmed that the pages are corrupted also. I've
bugged it as best I can, attached a few screen shots and what have you.

Best

-James-