From: Corsair on
Hi all,

windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD
(E: with data)(500 Gb).

is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having
a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new
users", etc.

could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has
to be done.

Thanks, Corsair.

From: Shenan Stanley on
Corsair wrote:
> windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal
> HD (E: with data)(500 Gb).
>
> is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not
> having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found",
> "impossible to add new users", etc.
>
> could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that
> not has to be done.

100% way? Format and change the location of those things with an unattended
installation. I believe any other method would be unsupported to move *all*
of the USERS stuff.

Folder Redirection for stuff is an option - but is per user in what looks
like to be your case and only certain folders can be done.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Carlos on
Corsario,
I have found a couple of options here:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistasetup/thread/91aa8b26-2b09-4e56-955c-679b297832e1/
Carlos

From: David Simpson on
"Corsair" <corsair63(a)gmail.com> wrote in

> Hi all,
>
> windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD
> (E: with data)(500 Gb).
>
> is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not
> having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible
> to add new users", etc.
>
> could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not
> has to be done.

I did it, but it wasn't easy, and don't have a link. I THINK I found it
on the OCZ website, but I'm not 100% sure.

What I did, was make a exact copy of the user directory on the second
drive (used a backup program to get ALL files), then booted in safe mode,
renamed the user directory, then created a NTFS symbolic link (see
mklink) from C:\Users to E:\Users. Has been working fine for about 9
months.

/ David Simpson \
| dsimpson(a)NOnyxSPAM.net |
| http://www.nyx.net/~dsimpson |
|We got to go to the crappy town where I'm a hero.|
\_______________________________________________/
From: Corsair on
thanks Carlos,

I've seen something similar, but there was sometimes unclear, this link
looks like much more clear to do it, I'll try,
but with one computer in the tech service and I don´t know why the fault,
I'm little care with doing right now things ;-)

If I'll do something in the next few days I'll post the result.

Corsair

"Carlos" <Carlos(a)discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:4CBED7A2-6311-4AE4-879A-64D89C51FE65(a)microsoft.com...
> Corsario,
> I have found a couple of options here:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistasetup/thread/91aa8b26-2b09-4e56-955c-679b297832e1/
> Carlos
>
> "Corsair" wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD
>> (E: with data)(500 Gb).
>>
>> is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not
>> having
>> a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new
>> users", etc.
>>
>> could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not
>> has
>> to be done.
>>

>> Thanks, Corsair.

Pages: 1