From: Amaru Netapshaak on
No one has any answer? :(

Thanks anyways :)

++AMARU

________________________________
From: Amaru Netapshaak <postfix_amaru(a)yahoo.com>
To: samba(a)lists.samba.org
Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 10:11:41 AM
Subject: Samba 3 and Samba 4 migration

Greetings!

I am running a samba 3.0.31 PDC with a flat smbpasswd back-end,
and am ready to make the jump over to Samba 4 and ldb.

I am planning on running both domains in parallel, while I migrate departments
and users to the new Samba 4 domain.

The problem is that I have people who will log on to machines on both
domains in various locations, and I want to make sure they have access
to their data on the Samba 3 domain when logged onto Samba 4.

I was thinking I could use NFS to accomplish this. Maybe just have their
local samba 4 home directory be mounted via NFS to their actual home
directory on the old DC until all workstations are converted to the Samba 4 domain
and then I'll sync up the data one last time and shut the old one off.

I was hoping there would be a better solution :) Any ideas?

Thank you!

++AMARU