From: Åke Holmlund on
Hello!

We have problems connecting to printers (spoolss) from Windows Server
2008 (64-bit, domain member) and Windows 7 (64-bit, NOT domain member).
When trying to connect to the printers we get an error message saying
"Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed
(error 0x0000000d)". Connecting as a "standard" user or a domain
administrator makes no difference.

If I try to add a printer on the server from Windows 2008, there are no
ports to choose from in the "Choose a printer port" dialog.

Connecting to the printers is no problem from Win XP, Win Vista and Win
2003 (all 32-bit). When trying to add a printer from Windows 2003, the
"Samba Printer Port" shows up in the "Choose a printer port" dialog.

The Samba (domain) server is 3.4.4 running on Solaris 10 (Sparc).

Any ideas what the problem can be or where to start looking?

---
Åke Holmlund
Umeå University
Dept of Informatics