From: Aniruddha on
Hi,

Summary
In my testlab I have a Samba pdc setup. All is running fine except for
1 problem. I have a user (B) that cannot login without a network
connection, the error message is: "there are currently no logon
servers available to service the logon request". When I plug in the
network cable I can login again. When I do a network-less login as
another user (A) on the same machine I can login without any problems.

Background
My first user (user A) at first got the same error message. I replaced
the smbpasswd backend with tdbsam and this problem disappeared I made
a new user (user B), logged in on the same machine with network
connection, logged out, unplugged the cable and tried logging in only
with this user I get the: "there are currently no logon servers
available to service the logon request" error. I am running Debian
stable on the server with a backported Samba, the clients run Windows
7.

As a side note, the login script for user B isn't working either,
maybe the two are related. Any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks
in advance for your help!

# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
[global]
workgroup = HOME
passwd chat = *New*Password* %n\n*Re-enter*new*password* %n\n *Password*changed*
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
syslog = 0
name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m -G users '%u'
delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r '%u'
add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd '%g'
delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel '%g'
add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G '%g' '%u'
delete user from group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -d '%u' '%g'
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false '%u'
logon script = scripts/login.bat
logon path =
logon drive = Z:
domain logons = Yes