From: Eric Feldhusen on
Is there any piece of software that I can use to run between a client
and a linux or windows server with a smb/cifs share that will test
network speed, latency, sustained read/writes, multiple file create,
read, write, close, etc.. etc.. over X period time?

I'm testing a Centos server with samba and Windows 2k3/8 servers on the
other end of a T1 connection and while I know the T1 bandwidth will be
the bandwidth limit, I want to see what happens when I have 1, 2, 3
clients just login in and begin doing file operations within a share.

Make sense?

Eric

--
Eric Feldhusen