From: Derek Lewis on
I have configured Samba 3.4.7 with extended attributes enabled to preserve
file create/modify dates.

I went ahead and tried to map a network drive, and successfully copied a
file over to samba, though the create date is set to the modified date on
the copy.

For my /etc/fstab, I have set the following options set for a ext4
filesystem: auto,relatime,errors=remount-ro,user_xattr

Do I have to change the default kernel configuration for Ubuntu 10.04 or
apply a patch to the filesystem to get extended attributes to work? Do I
have to upgrade to Samba 3.5?

Derek