From: Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac on

On 07/05/2010 08:21 AM, Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac wrote:
> On 07/03/2010 12:38 PM, Steve Thompson wrote:
>> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, Miguel Medalha wrote:
>>
>>> One thing I once noticed was that the Samba account attribute
>>> "sambaLogonScript" must ONLY be set for a user if it DIFFERS from
>>> what is specified in "smb.conf". Otherwise, the script wouldn't run.
>>> I found this with the Samba 3.1x family, I don't know if that still
>>> applies.
>>
>> I am using both Samba 3.0.33 and 3.5.1, and this does not apply to me
>> for both versions. Every user has sambaLogonScript set to the same
>> value as that which appears in smb.conf, and it does get run (using
>> ldapsam).
>>
>> Steve
>>
> Hi Steve and Miguel,
>
> This is something that i haven't tried yet, and definitely worths a
> shot. I'll try and comment the results here.
Hello everyone,

Miguel tip worked for me. In my smb.conf i't specified that users should
run "%G.bat", so i removed this attribute ( "smbldap-usermod -E "" user"
) and WORKED. This is something that is documented somewhere and i missed?

It's interesting that this works for me in the 3.4.7 version and does
not work for Steve in 3.0.33 and 3.5.1 versions.

Anyway, tks to everyone who help me to solve this riddle, specially to
Miguel Medalha who gave me the killing tip.

> Miguel tip worked for me. In my smb.conf i't specified that users
> should run "%G.bat", so i removed this attribute ( "smbldap-usermod -E
> "" user" ) and WORKED. This is something that is documented somewhere
> and i missed?

I suspected that this would be the problem because I had already banged
my head against it when I installed my first Samba PDC a couple of years
ago :-)

If I remember well, what gave me some hint to the solution was the
following entry on "The Official Samba 3.5.x HOWTO and
Reference Guide":

Current PDF version, paragraph 11.4.4.8: LDAP Special Attributes for
sambaSamAccounts

«
• sambaHomePath
• sambaLogonScript
• sambaProfilePath
• sambaHomeDrive

These attributes are only stored with the sambaSamAccount entry if the
values are non-default values.
»

Or online here:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/passdb.html#id2593073

Hence, I removed the entry from the LDAP database and it "magically"
started working.

It seems to me that it was on version 3.1x at the time and also on
version 3.2x.
I cannot confirm it with any other version because I never had a
specific use for that attribute and therefore I never tried it.

I am glad that you solved the problem.
Regards