From: Wes Deviers on
I'm trying to move some roaming profiles from Domain A to B. All of the
profiles are from XP SP3. The originating machine is Debian 5/AMD64, samba
3.4.5 from Debian packages. The destination machine is Ubuntu 9.10, but x86.
From everything I've read and found online, `profiles` is supposed to work for
XP with no problems. When I attempt to do a SID change on NTUSER.DAT, I get
this:

semirhage:~# profiles NTUSER.DAT
ndr_pull_error(11): ndr_pull_relative_ptr1 rel_offset(716800) > ndr-
>data_size(4096)
ndr_pull_security_descriptor failed: NDR_ERR_BUFSIZE
prs_grow: Buffer overflow - unable to expand buffer by 36 bytes.
ndr_pull_error(11): ndr_pull_relative_ptr1 rel_offset(716800) > ndr-
>data_size(4096)
ndr_pull_security_descriptor failed: NDR_ERR_BUFSIZE
prs_grow: Buffer overflow - unable to expand buffer by 36 bytes.
ndr_pull_error(11): ndr_pull_relative_ptr1 rel_offset(716800) > ndr-
>data_size(4096)
ndr_pull_security_descriptor failed: NDR_ERR_BUFSIZE
prs_grow: Buffer overflow - unable to expand buffer by 36 bytes.

~~ App. 400 lines cut ~~

->data_size(36864)
ndr_pull_security_descriptor failed: NDR_ERR_BUFSIZE
prs_grow: Buffer overflow - unable to expand buffer by 36 bytes.
read_block: invalid block header!
regfio_rootkey: corrupt registry file ? No root key record located
Could not get rootkey

This happens on every NTUSER.DAT that I try, on every machine. Googling and
trying to fix for 2 days, at a loss. Any direction much appreciated!

Thanks,

Wes