From: russell on
Hi,

After upgrading the Windows DCs from Windows 2003R2 to Windows 2008R,
the domain functional level was raised from Windows 2000 to Windows
2008R2. As a consequence of this action, I found that a Application
Management GPO no longer worked pushing applications to the companies
desktops.

After some tweaking I found out in one MS document that a Windows 2008R2
domain can not authenticate a Windows NT server as part of the GPO
Application Software installation so the installation can not take
place. Copying the software to from the Samba hosted server to a
Windows 2008R2 server and the installations took place without a problem.

Has anyone else come up against this problem, and is there a way round
it as I would like to continue to use the Samba server?

Am I correct in assuming that Samba v3.x appears as a Windows NT server
and Samba v4 as a Windows 2000/2003 server?