From: Andrew Bartlett on
On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 19:29 +0100, Lukasz Zalewski wrote:
> Hi!
> I have recently upgraded samba4 to the latest GIT build.
> I have run upgradeprovision according to upgrading-samba4.txt instructions.
> All seems to be well, but when i try to access Group Policy Objects from
> gpmc utility on windows i get the following error message:
>
> ---------------------------
> Group Policy Management
> ---------------------------
> The permissions for this GPO in the SYSVOL folder are inconsistent with
> those in Active Directory. It is recommended that these permissions be
> consistent. To change the SYSVOL permissions to those in Active Directory,
> click OK.
>

> After OK'ing i can edit and modify the setting and i believe everything
> gets applied correctly. However when i re-select the same object sam
> error message appears.
> What should be the permissions on sysvol directory? And where is he
> place where they are stored?
>
> I did not see this behaviour in the previous build, befor running
> upgradeprovision

upgradeprovision has fixed the ACLs in your directory, but not those on
disk. A big update to upgradeprovision is pending - keep an eye on the
GIT tree or ask Matthieu Patou (CC'ed).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.

From: tms3 on
SNIP

>> What should be the permissions on sysvol directory? And where is he
>> place where they are stored?
>>
>> I did not see this behaviour in the previous build, befor running
>> upgradeprovision
>
> upgradeprovision has fixed the ACLs in your directory, but not those
> on
> disk. A big update to upgradeprovision is pending - keep an eye on
> the
> GIT tree or ask Matthieu Patou (CC'ed).

Yes, will do. Do you have the sysvol info so that it can be manually
set or should we see Matthieu for that as well?

TIA

TMS III

On 21/05/2010 12:53, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 19:29 +0100, Lukasz Zalewski wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I have recently upgraded samba4 to the latest GIT build.
>> I have run upgradeprovision according to upgrading-samba4.txt instructions.
>> All seems to be well, but when i try to access Group Policy Objects from
>> gpmc utility on windows i get the following error message:
>>
>> ---------------------------
>> Group Policy Management
>> ---------------------------
>> The permissions for this GPO in the SYSVOL folder are inconsistent with
>> those in Active Directory. It is recommended that these permissions be
>> consistent. To change the SYSVOL permissions to those in Active Directory,
>> click OK.
>>

>> After OK'ing i can edit and modify the setting and i believe everything
>> gets applied correctly. However when i re-select the same object sam
>> error message appears.
>> What should be the permissions on sysvol directory? And where is he
>> place where they are stored?
>>
>> I did not see this behaviour in the previous build, befor running
>> upgradeprovision
>
> upgradeprovision has fixed the ACLs in your directory, but not those on
> disk. A big update to upgradeprovision is pending - keep an eye on the
> GIT tree or ask Matthieu Patou (CC'ed).
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Thx Andrew,
Matthieu please let us know when the change will happen.

Regards

Luk