From: Gary Peck on
After trying multiple options in the smb.conf file the only way I could
get fail over to work was having two ldap servers setup in a multimaster
replication and having a DNS entry setup that round robins between the
two. Everything seems to work, I can bring down one ldap server and
samba will still authenticate and let users in. Anybody know of any
issues doing it this way?

Thanks,

Gary