From: John Drescher on
> Is there a way to synch multiple servers at once so when one is changed,
> samba updates all the other servers at the same time automatically?

What are you talking about? Permissions or files or both?

If just permissions use ldap.

John
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to synch multiple servers at once so when one is changed,
>> samba updates all the other servers at the same time automatically?
>
> What are you  talking about? Permissions or files or both?
>
> If just permissions use ldap.

By permissions I mean user and machine accounts and the like not ACLs

John

I mean, if a file is updated, added, or changed on 1 server, it will perform
the same changes to the others automatically.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:22 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I mean, if a file is updated, added, or changed on 1 server, it will perform
>>> the same changes to the others automatically.
>>>

>> I think what is best for that is a filesystem that can do network raid1.
>>
>> Something like:
>> http://www.drbd.org/home/what-is-drbd/
>>
> On second thought that will not work because only 1 server can have
> the filesystem mounted at the same time. Maybe GFS2 or OCFS.

Here is the reason:
http://www.drbd.org/home/mirroring/