From: Patel, Pinakin on
Hello,

I am trying to determine if I can use Samba for a specific requirement.

To my understanding (and based on what I have read about Samba so far), Samba is used to map a Unix directory on a Windows client; thus enabling the Windows users to navigate through Unix content.
We want to use it the other way around; we have a batch process that runs on a Unix server that generates some reports. We need to move these reports to a Windows directory server using the same unix batch script. We were hoping that we could possibly use something like Samba to be able to map the Windows directory on the Unix server (to make it look like a Unix share). Is this at all possible?

Our fallback is to use something like ftp/sftp but the Windows Directory server has a lengthy process to get any software added to it; and currently it does not have any ftp clients running on it.

Pinakin Patel
Business Intelligence Center

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
441 East Jefferson
Detroit, MI 48226

Phone: +1 (313) 225-9667
E-Mail: PPatel(a)bcbsm.com<mailto:Pinakin.Patel(a)eds.com>

* Please consider the environment before printing this email.

The information contained in this communication is highly confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom this communication is directed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended receipt and delete the original message without making any copies.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network of Michigan are nonprofit corporations and independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

This message was secured by BCBSM Secured Messaging, powered by ZixCorp, an independent company providing secured e-mail services for BCBSM.