From: Poulter, Dale on
We are using RHEL release 5.5, Samba version 3.0.33-3.28.el5, and active directory. I have been able to successfully join the domain and have created a share. The problem is that I can only map the share with an ADS username that is the same as a username on the unix server. I still need to use the ADS password so it appears to be connecting to the domain correctly. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

--Dale

---------------------------------------
Dale Poulter
Automation Coordinator
Library Information Technology Services
Vanderbilt University
Suite 700
110 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37240
(615)343-5388
(615)343-8834 (fax)
(615)207-9705 (cell)
dale.poulter(a)vanderbilt.edu<mailto:dale.poulter(a)vanderbilt.edu>