From: Dadoo on

I can't seem to verify whether or my first attempt at sending this
message was successful, so I'm reposting it, using a different method. I
apologize if anyone has seen it already.

I have a Samba server, joined to my Windows Active Directory domain, and
I'm having a problem setting ACLs on a share from Windows. On Windows, I
get the error message "Unable to save permission changes on <folder>. The
parameter is incorrect." and when I look in my Samba log, I see the
message "ACL is invalid for set (Invalid argument)".

"getent passwd" and "getent group" return both local and AD users and
groups, respectively.

Here are the relevant lines from my smb.conf:

[global]
workgroup = <My domain>
server string = Samba Server Version %v
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
log level = 3 winbind:10 acls:10
security = ads
realm = <My domain>.LOCAL
encrypt passwords = yes
idmap uid = 2000-10000
idmap gid = 2000-10000
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind enum users = yes
wins server = 10.0.0.65
load printers = no
cups options = raw
[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
writable = yes
[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
browseable = no
guest ok = no
writable = no
printable = yes
[paperport]
comment = Test share for PaperPort images
path = /u1/images
admin users = <My domain>\<user1> <My domain>\<me>
public = yes
writable = yes
browseable = yes

I'm sure I'm missing something minor, but I can't figure out what it is.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks