From: David Adam on
Hi folks,

We have a domain controller running Samba 3.4.5 that is backed onto an
OpenLDAP datastore. The domain has no trouble joining Windows XP clients,
but we've got a couple of Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard that
we can't join to the domain.

The registry changes suggested in
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php?title=Windows7&oldid=4766 have been
applied, and a UNIX account for the machine has been created.

While the creation of the object in LDAP appears to succeed, the join
fails with super-helpful message "The parameter is incorrect" on the
client.

I've attached the NetSetup.log, the output of testparm, and a debug log at
level 5 from one of the clients. The only thing particularly notable in
the NetSetup output is:

NetpSetNetlogonDomainCache: DsEnumerateDomainTrustsW for all trusts failed
with ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED -- retry

Any hints?

David Adam
University Computer Club, UWA