From: F.Groen on
Sorry,

mistyped the unix permissions mentioned in the earlier post (see below),
they are 755.

Regards,

FG

Hello,

I have a difficulty with the option 'hide unreadable' in the smb.conf
regarding to it's effect on my Vista machines.
In the smb.conf I have declared the following share:

[userdata]
path = /data/userdata
admin users = domain+adminuser
browseable = yes
writeable = yes
hide unreadable = yes
csc policy = disable

The server is a domain member, security ADS .
The unix permissions on the folder /data/userdata are 755 .
The Samba version is 3.022-13.16-SUSE-SLES10

Now the 'hide unreadable' option takes care of the visibility of
subfolders for a specific user. Without rights to read (based on either
domain personal permissions or domain group permissions), one can't see
subfolders/files. This works fine with windows XP. However same logged on
users on a Vista SP2 client only see subfolders and files to which they
have a domain group permission. None of the folders they should have
access to based on domain personal permissions are visible ! . As soon as
I remove 'hide unreadable' in the smb.conf section all the folders show
up. But this is not desirable .
Does anyone know why Vista behaves differently ? Some security setting ?

Kind regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,

Frank Groen
OBA/Systeembeheer