From: Peter Rindfuss on
There was an earlier thread about failing trust relationships between
Windows 7 and Samba. Since we occasionally experience the same problem
with Win 7 clients against a Samba 3.5.4 server, I investigated this a
bit further.

I think it happens when
- the time to change the machine password has arrived
- the Win 7 machine is up, but no one is logged on (login box is shown
on the screen).

To reproduce this, I reduced the machine password change interval to one
day on a test computer, then let the login prompt sit there for a day or
so - and indeed I could not log in anymore because of a trust
relationship failure. I will try this a couple more times.

I hope this helps to find a remedy.

Peter