From: Matt LaPlante on
I'm using ads security. Everything is working fine, but the logs show that
the samba servers regularly try to authenticate user 'nobody' against the
DC. I know that these are part of standard operation, but it seems
suboptimal to be constantly doing these checks on a large network...
generating traffic and using DC and samba server resources to verify a
domain account that never has and never will exist.

domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user nobody in
domain DOMAIN to Domain controller DOMAIN.CONTROLLER.COM. Error was
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER.

Is there a way to tell samba to filter these from AD checking? It would
seem quicker and simpler for samba to just recognize that any time someone
uses 'nobody' in my setup to skip the verification and insert
the NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER itself.